MELBOURNE # 3: What I wore & where I stayed

19:28:00

This is my last post to wrap up this Melbourne series. If you haven't read my last two you can find them here and here.

WHAT I WORE
Melbourne fashion reminds me A LOT of London, you can get away with going a bit more grunge. Where I live is very beachy so there are items in my wardrobe that remain untouched until I can bust them out for Melbourne.

This was an outfit I wore for a day strolling through the park and throwing some leaves about:

  • Cashmere beanie: ASOS
  • Jacket: Topshop
  • 3/4 Length sleeve shirt: Brandy Melville
  • Belt: Country Road
  • Jeans: Topshop Jamie Jeans (my holy grail!)
  • Boots: Dr Martens (so comfy for walking around in)
An outfit for strolling around on a rainy day: (sorry for elevator selfie, only photo I got!)

  • Oversized knitted jumper: H&M 
  • Chequered skirt: H&M
  • Tights: Marks & Spencer
  • Boots: Dr Martens
  • Backpack: Le Pilage backpack by Longchamp
An outfit for strolling the streets of Fitzroy and eating lots of croissants:
  • Leather jacket: from the Queen Victoria Markets in Melbourne, don't think it has a brand?
  • Dress: Zara
  • Tights: Marks & Spencer
  • Boots: Dr Martens
  • Backpack: Le Pilage backpack by Longchamp
Where I stayed
Alyssa and I found this CUUUTE little AirBnB. In the past when i've visited Melbourne I stayed in hotels but staying in a apartment is so much better. There's just something I like about having more space and a kitchen and lounge-room. This place only worked out to being $320 each for four nights which I think is really reasonable. 

When i'm in a hotel I feel like i've constantly got to be doing stuff whereas when i'm in an apartment I can take my time and relax more. 

This place was in South Bank. When you're going to Melbourne there are lots of different areas you can stay - you can stay super central or perhaps be in one of the surrounding suburbs which are only 10/15 minutes away by tram. Personally I loved staying in South Bank as it was less than five minutes on the tram into the CBD, is only a few minutes walk to the botanical gardens, and doesn't feel busy as opposed to being smack bang central.

Basically I had the best time in Melbourne and I can't wait until I go back next. Hope this series has been helpful to anyone reading :) If you have any questions feel free to comment down below

Holly xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe