A Grand Ol' Life Update | Guess Who's Back..Back Again..

20:00:00

Please tell me you read that last bit of my title in Eminem's voice

Guess who's back..back again.

I uh, *coughs*, dropped the ball on the whole blogging game. It's not that life hasn't just been busy (it has) but I guess I just kinda lost my blogging mojo. It happens, happens to many bloggers at some point. You lose motivation and get distracted by other things. I found that I wanted each post to be super high quality that I just put pressure on myself. I think this in turn just made me not want to post unless I thought it was good enough. Then I realised...why does it matter! I always set out to do my blog as a fun little hobby and I want it to stay that way. Although the bar these days for blogs are set really high I know that i'm just doing this because I enjoy it and it's a fun creative outlet! So here I am back again. I'm just going to kick it old school.

So what have I actually been up to these last few months?

WORKING
I officially finished my "graduate year" in February so now i've rolled into the next year and am technically a second year nurse. The last year went so quick and I learnt so much! I still love my job as an operating theatre nurse and feel so lucky I get to see such cool things every day.

GETTING MY UK NURSING REGISTRATION
I have started the process of getting my UK nursing registration..which is...totally hard guys. I've sat a first exam (which I passed) and now have a few more things I have to do. It's exciting but also rather stressful. I'm hoping to move there at some point next year so we'll just see how it all goes. I'm about to put up a blog post on how I passed my first exam (the CBT) for anyone in my position who needs some tips.

LOTS OF FRIEND THINGS
Birthday weekends (helloooo Byron Bay! helloooo Brisbane!). Hens weekend, a wedding, dinners, picnics, etc. I've got such a solid group of friends so it always keeps me quite busy with the catch ups.

PLANNING TRAVEL
So i'm coming to the UK for 3 weeks in June! Because...why not! I have missed it a lot so i'm going for a little trip. Will also visit one of my close friends in Positano, Italy which will be a dream. So that's all exciting.

CONCERTS
In the last few months I have seen The East Pointers, Ed Sheeran, and Lana Del Rey. I have a few more coming up with is exciting.

I feel like that's a pretty good wrap up. 

Holly xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Happy to have you back Holly! The dreaded blogger burnout is the worst, especially if you're putting pressure on yourself to be like everyone else. I've gone through these stages plenty of times, but all you need to do is remember why you blog & who you're doing it for.

    Envious that you're going back to the UK & also going to Positano - I've always wanted to explore Italy in more depth & although I've been to Rome, Venice & Florence briefly (ESPECIALLY Florence - that's a story for another time), I don't feel as though I've seen everything.

    Shell // The Novice Life

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe