Is This A New Holy Grail Lip Product?

21:25:00

For months I have been lusting over liquid lipsticks. Honestly, you can't get away from them. Before I took the plunge to spend an obscene amount on a liquid lipstick I decided it would be best to try out a drugstore alternative first. They are notorious for being incredibly drying  so I wanted to test if I could handle to mattify-ing nature of it. After seeing this Australis shade (Pa-ree) swatched I was like "OMG, need that in my life!" and thus I headed to my closest priceline and bought this badboy.
(Bare lips)
(Australis Velourlips)
Price: $10.49

Packaging: Doe-foot applicator, smells of sugary sweets..what more could you want.

Colour: Nude (primarily brown but still a little pink)

How it applies: The formulation is very creamy so it applies easily. Quite pigmented so only 1-2 coats is needed. Once applied it dries to a matte in about 30 seconds. 

How it feels: Once it has dried to a matte it - of course - feels quite dry on the lips. Nothing unbearable though. Once worn for awhile I forget that i'm even wearing it. Through the day if it feels a little dry I apply some lip balm and it doesn't disturb the lip cream. So yes, it does feel a little dry but it's definitely not too unbearable.

How it lasts: Now, this is why I adore this product. The lasting power is unbelievable. It lasts for hours and hours without fading or cracking. It lasts through coffee without leaving any traces on the cup. It lasts through sushi rolls.  Salads. Honestly I was shocked by how well it lasts. I've worn this on nights out and by the time I come home it is still in place. It is my most long lasting lip product ever. 

Verdict: 9.5/10

I'm hitting up priceline asap to go buy out the rest of the collection because I am amazed at how well this product lasts. It applies easy, doesn't feel too drying on the lips, lasts for hours and hours..I can't think of anything wrong with it. It's going to be my go-to lip for everyday and everynight. I'd recommend this to everyone. 

Please tell me if you have any liquid lipstick favourites because i'd love to try more!

Holly xx

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Ooh wow! I have to get my hands on this somehow because this product sounds amazing and it's not overly pricey!
    I've been away so haven't been able to read any of your posts and I honestly need to just go through them and catch up because I've missed reading them so much!
    Aleeha xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we can get this brand in the UK, but it looks so nice! It's always great to have a nude that's longlasting as I always forget to reapply.

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent (formerly Kimamely Beauty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally try the NYX soft matte lip creams, they're very similar! x

      Delete
  3. Sounds amazing! Lovely post as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe