Everyday Make-up Look

22:51:00



Am going to state the obvious - I look like a twat. One of the biggest reasons I could never model (besides the obvious fact i'm 5'3) would be that I am so awkward in front of the camera. I hate feeling posey. But alas, yesterday I took to the fields in hope that a couple out of the 100's of photos taken would turn out alright. I wish I could show you a couple of my very awkward looking shots but i'm far too embarrassed/ashamed to show them.

Lately I have been drawn to a more natural make-up look. A little bit has to do with not being bothered doing the whole hog for university, but mostly because i've been preferring it. I'm quite fortunate when it comes to my skin: I don't have massive breakouts, I don't have any scarring..so there really is no reason for me to do a full coverage foundation on just casual days. Sometimes I can get way too acquainted with a whole face of make-up that I start to feel more negative on my make-up free face. To counteract that I find having a more natural look makes me feel more confident in the long run. Also forgive me for my frizzy hair - I tried numerous products to make it slightly less de-frizzed and all failed.


The make-up I used was: Lancome 'Teint Visionnaire' foundation with a bit of Dermalogica's 'skin hydrating masque' mixed in to thin it out a bit. Collection lasting perfection concealer under the eyes. From the Too Faced 'natural face palette' I used the 'bronze veil' bronzer and the cream blush. For eyebrows I used my ole' faithful Yuva 'brow dust' which is great for achieving that natural brow look so they don't look like a cartoon characters. I used my shu uemura eyelash curler and then applied YSL 'babydoll eyes'. For the lips I used a M.A.C 'snob' lipstick and kind of patted it on so it didn't look so thick. I know it sounds like a lot of products but I only used a little of each so I didn't go overboard.

Hope you're all having a wonderful relaxed weekend. Yesterday I had a picnic with one of my best friends (which included the essentials: cheese and wine) and today I had a facial..so you could say it's been pretty relaxed!

Would love to know of any products that are great for creating a natural look!

Holly x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. What on earth are you talking about.... that's way better modelling than I could EVER do. I love that makeup look and by the way you are looking absolutely stunning in those pictures.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am loving Your blog! Which is why... I nominated You for the Versatile Blogger awards ^_^ check out the post over at My blog!!!
    SJay // The Chronic Dreamer | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not a bad model at all, those pictures you took are great :) I love your make-up as well, very natural!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this post! It really reminds me of something you would find in a magazine, your dress is so cute and makeup is flawless! x

    www.thefashionwayx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wear natural makeup looks, partly because I am too lazy to do anything else aha! You look so pretty, they photos are gorgeous so you don't have to worry about that!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! makes me want to go for a sephora run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos turned out amazing and it definitely looks as though you're a natural in front of the camera! I love this everyday look- it seems so effortless but you still look incredible xx Sophie/ www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe