Cradle Mountain, Tasmania: Photo Diary

04:17:00

At first when I thought about posting this I was like "nahh no ones going to want to read this" but then I realized that this is the sort of thing I like reading on other blogs...so I may as well post away! Also it's great for the memories, I love scrolling back through my blog year to year and remembering little milestones and moments.

A few weeks ago I was given a week off by work and I wanted to make the most of it. At first I considered going to Greece but a) I would only be able to go for a week so jetlag would be killer and b) it was EXPENSIVE flights..like $2500. So instead I decided to go back to my old roots: Tasmania. I was born there, left at 5/6 to come live in Queensland, and go back every 2 years to visit family and explore around. If you're not Australian then Tasmania is that liiiitle island at the bottom of Australia. It kind feels like a mini England, it's so cute.

After months of adjusting to working a proper job post university I was exhausted and needed a break. Not just a holiday, but a mental break. Personally the way I feel revitalized is hiking. Something about leaving my phone behind (okay it was actually in my backpack but I swear I didn't touch it!) and being in nature makes me feel at peace and relaxes me. Cradle Mountain is one of the most popular hikes in Australia, it's absolutely stunning and rewarding. Would definitely recommend it to everyone - you have to option to do easy hikes or more difficult ones..which is nice if you're just getting into it. I'll let the photos speak for themselves though.

 (How cool am I hiking with a pink shirt on, red backpack, and a puffer jacket tied on my waist haha..nottt)

Does anyone have any favourite hiking spots? My dream is to go to Canada..at the national parks look gorgeous there.

Holly xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe