Rimmel "Wake Me Up Foundation" Review

00:56:00


When I look for a foundation I look for one that has a decent coverage, makes my skin look healthy, has good staying power…while still managing to look natural. Basically a foundation has to be bloomin’ amazing to get my stamp of approval. I’ve had my eye on the Rimmel ‘wake me up’ foundation for a while now. Walked past a drugstore the other day and saw the glorious “50% off all rimmel” sign. It was meant to be.

Pros:
  1. As you can see in the photos above the packaging is quite basic but hey, it smells good! I really do like the smell of it..not sure if that’s one of your requirements for a foundation but it is a nice touch. 
  2. This product is designed to be an anti fatigue effect + radiant glow foundation, which is quite obvious by its tiny little sparkles throughout it. I’ve read many reviews where people have said that this foundation makes them look like Edward Cullen/a disco ball in the light but personally I haven’t found that. I agree with its claim that it is anti-fatigue and radiant glow.
  3. This foundation easily blends in and one pump should be enough to do your whole face. It is buildable though – so if you’re going out after work then it would be easy enough to add another layer. 
  4. It isn't expensive - $19.95. 
Cons:
  1. The staying power is pretty crummy. After about 5 hours I noticed it was starting to fade away.
  2. The colour range. If you're a pale gal like me then there isn't many options. The colour "true ivory" is tad too dark sadly :( 
  3. This foundation is best suited for dry or combination skin types so if you have oily skin then it may not work well
Should you buy this foundation?
To be completely honest: I don't know. I've got mixed feelings about it. I do like it and i'd possibly buy it again..but I don't love it. If it's on sale in your drug store then yes - go for it because it's worth a try. If you're looking for your holy grail foundation I don't think this is the one. 

Lemme know what your thoughts on this foundation are.
 Does anyone think this is their holy grail product?

Holly xx

P.s These are just my personal opinions about this foundation. It may work awesome for you but on me it just wasn't A+ :)


pps. My failed shots at trying to get my puppy to pose with the foundation ;) 


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I found that this foundation is pretty good in terms of what you actually pay for it! It can go on a little cakey though :(
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this foundation before. If i'm remembering correctly I think I hated it! haha I'm not exactly sure why. I've seen so many other people rave about it. Just wasn't for me!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dry skin so this might work well for me plus I loved the concealer!
    Aleeha from HALE, xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe