Favourite Beauty Products of 2016

20:49:00

Rounding up a whole years worth of favourite beauty products was easy-peasy. This year was a mix of trying out new products whilst also sticking to good ole favourites. Some of these products have already been mentioned in my 2015 favourites post here but I thought I would add them in again seeing as I have stuck to them religiously.
1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 
This year was the year I got into primers and after trying out a couple this would be my favourite of the bunch (Too Faced hangover primer is a close second!). It smooths out my skin and is a good base for applying foundation.

2. Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint in Shell
This is my go-to full coverage foundation as it provides a seamless finish without looking cakey. For best application I usually blend this in with a beauty blender. A bit on the pricey side but for me personally it's been worth it.

3. Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc
The perfect dewy looking foundation which is great for everyday wear. Sadly i'm running out of this but I am repurchasing soon as I can't be without it!

4. Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in shade '2'
This packs a punch with coverage. When it comes to concealer I only like full coverage ones as anything else can't compete with the darkness of my under eyes. Has been mentioned on my blog since the beginning of time but I will forever be recommending it.
5. Too Faced Soulmates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big
This is the bronzer I reach for everyday and it never fails me. It also can double up for a subtle contour due to it being slightly cooler toned.

6. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping
My holy grail highlighter. It compliments my skin tone well and can either be a subtle or bold highlight. Unfortunately it was limited edition but if it ever comes back I will stock up on a few.

6. Topshop Cream Blush in Illicit
I'm not a big blush girl but I liiike this a lot. It's subtle but still gives your cheeks a nice rosy colour. I don't wear blush everyday but this is the one I reach for the most!
7. Revlon Eyebrow Liner
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my eyebrows so I like this as it's quick and easy. One end has a comb and the other has a small pencil which is nice for filling in my little eyebrow gaps.

8. Loreal Brow Artist Plumper in Translucent
Sometimes i'll only wear this on my brows and nothing else as it combs my brow hairs in the right direction and keeps them put. This has become part of my everyday routine.
9. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Another product that was mentioned in last years favourites but definitely worth mentioning again as I have used this allll year!! Out of all my mascaras it just gives the best volume and curl. Of course it's a HG and something I recommend to all my friends. :)

10. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Although it doesn't look it I have used this palette tons of times! I just like how warm toned it is and how you can do a mixture of everyday looks to night time looks. So glad I finally got my hands on it in February.

11. Colourpop Supershock Eyeshadow in Sequin
It was difficult narrowing down which particular Colourpop Supershock shadow to mention as I literally love every one I own but this seems to be the most used. These are so incredibly pigmented and have great staying power. I use this particular shade either all over my eyelid or in the centre of a smokey eye look to give a halo effect. Do yourself a favour and try these, the formula is insane.
12. Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Alyssa
Although I only purchased this in the second half of the year it has already been bumped up to my favourite lip product ever. Can't you tell how much it is used by all the writing being rubbed off? Haha. It's a beautiful everyday pink which lasts well considering it isn't matte. Just love, love, love it.

13. MAC Viva Glam II lipstick
My perfect nude lipstick as it's cool toned!! This is something thrown into the handbag all the time.

14. NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake
I'm not a massive gloss girl but this was what made me get into them again. It's not too sticky and goes well over so many different lipsticks. Will definitely be buying more of the butter glosses, they're too lovely.


So those are the 2016 Favourites! There were so many more I could have included but I really wanted to leave it to the main products that I have used religiously. 

What was your favourite product/s from last year?

Holly xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. All these products look amazing! It's actually pathetic that I have not tried most of them!! Thanks for the recommendations :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i love some of these products! loving your posts girl! :) xxx
    www.alexandra-steeden.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! That MAC lipsticks looks like a gorgeous everyday colour!

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! Would definitely recommend it! :)

      Delete
  4. That's one of my favorite mascaras!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the hourglass skin tint sounds really nice. Basically, every from hourglass is beautiful though!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe