Healthy Ideas For Work Lunches + Recipes

14:00:00


Nothing gives you a sense of superiority and the appearance of having your life together like bringing in healthy prepared lunches. In three weeks at my new job i'm already known as having lunches that are always the bomb.com. I actually really enjoy meal prepping, it's nice feeling planned and prepared for the week ahead. I also like getting creative and finding ways to create tasty yet healthy meals. I wouldn't say i'm an overly healthy person - definitely an everything in moderation kinda gal - but for work I like bringing in healthy things. Plus I live for the "oh you're so good always eating your salads" comments. 

Ideas for snacks/morning tea/afternoon tea etc
  • Vegetables and a dip. Vegetables could be: carrots, beans, celery, cucumber..anything you can cut into nice little  dipping shapes. For the dip it could be anything! At the moment i've been using an avocado one (mmmmm).
  • Air popped popcorn. You can either make your own or buy those little packets from the grocery store. Make sure to look for the brands that don't have a ton of added sugar or salt in them. 
  • Nuts. I like those cute little packets you can get from the shops. Nuts are great cause they're really filling and may get you by until lunch. 
  • Fruit! I love making fruit salads. 
  • Protein balls....recipe below! 
Ideas for lunches
  • Zucchini and sweet potato slice. I've used this recipe tons! It's so tasty, healthy and filling. It's always great as you can make a whole batch up and freeze it to re-use throughout the week. 
  • Noodle salads. I used this recipe from The Londoner blog a few weeks ago and it was delicious and so easy to make. 
  • Salads! A very obvious one but salads are great and so easy. Most of the time I don't follow recipes and just go rogue throwing in whatever vegetables I have in the cupboard. Last week I made one with: spinach, a handful of crumbled feta, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cut up pieces of vegan nuggets. You could also add some chicken instead of the nuggets. (Note: not actually vegan but I lovvve vegan nuggets).
  • Savoury muffins. Great for if you don't have access to a fridge. Made this recipe a few weeks ago and it turned out great. 
Peanut Butter Protein Balls Recipe



These are just SO DAMN DELICIOUS. I have a raging sweet tooth and it is imperative I get my fix somewhere - so thankfully these are healthy! So easy just to pop into a little container and bring with you to work. These will be a great boost of energy if the day is dragging. I got this recipe off The Anna Edit here

Ingredients
  • 250g Peanut Butter
  • 100g Hazelnuts
  • 300g Medjool Dates (I just used normal pitted dates cause I couldn't find Medjool..plus normal ones are cheaper)
  • 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
  • 2 TBSP Honey
  • 6 TBSP Raw Cacao Powder
Method:
  • Nothing fancy. Just add all these ingredients into a food processor and whiz it up until everything is chopped up in a good consistency to roll into balls. Make whatever size you like! Optional: roll into finely chopped peanuts. Store in the fridge. 
Haloumi Cous Cous Salad

Now this is one of my rogue salads where I basically chuck in a bunch of ingredients. It turned out really well though! I like adding cous cous in because it makes a salad slightly more filling (everyone hates the post-salad "i'm still damn hungry" blues). 

Ingredients:
  • 250g Cous Cous - use any type, I just used the gourmet pearl one which is the uber puffed up one. 
  • 120g Baby Spinach 
  • 1 large capsicum into medium diced pieces
  • 200g Halloumi (or really however much you like, is there really ever too much haloumi?! definitely not)
  • 2-3 TBSP lemon juice
Method:
  1. Cut up halloumi into small diced pieces, add to a pan with a little olive oil, and put on medium heat. Leave until both sides are golden brown. 
  2. In a large bowl add the cous cous and add the amount of water the packet suggests (it varies from type). Cover the bowl and leave to sit for 8-10 minutes for it to puff up and soften. 
  3. Drain the excess water from the cous cous bowl. Add in the spinach, capsicum, halloumi, and lemon juice. Mix well and add to whatever storage you'll use for it (I just mason jars, they're so easy). Store in fridge. 
Hope this has been able to give some inspiration if you're wanting new ideas for work or school lunches. If you have any recipes you love then please let me know as i'm always on the hunt for new ones!

Holly xx





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe